The organisers of The World Congress of Soil Science 2022 (WCSS), the British Society of Soil Science (BSSS) on behalf of the International Union of Soil Sciences (IUSS), are delighted to announce the opening of the abstract submission process for oral presentations and posters. The congress seeks to represent all those with an interest in soil science and is keen to receive abstract submissions from international colleagues whose research or practice links to soil.
The WCSS is inviting abstract submissions for the Interdivisional sessions, the Divisional scientific sessions, and the Working Group sessions and a full list of sessions, chosen to reflect the Congress theme, Crossing Boundaries, Changing Society, can be found on the WCSS website: www.22wcss.org/conference/abstracts.
The abstract submission deadline is 24:00 GMT on the 31 October 2021, and acceptance notifications can be expected in January 2022. Only the text of the abstracts will be reviewed; author names, affiliations, and biographies will not be considered during the selection process. For further information and to apply, visit www.22wcss.org/conference/abstracts or email us at email@example.com.
British Society of Soil Science
Notes for Editors
- The British Society of Soil Science (BSSS) is an established international membership organisation and charity committed to the study of soil in its widest aspects. The society brings together those working within academia, and practitioners implementing soil science in industry. Soil scientists’ research findings are essential for investigating the feasibility of agricultural, landscaping, construction, conservation and archaeological projects. Our members are employed by both private and public sector institutions including academic universities, conservation charities, construction companies and consultancies
- The World Congress of Soil Science is a leading international soil science conference, held every four years in different countries and attended by over 3,000 soil scientists from around the globe.
- The 22nd Congress is being organised by the British Society of Soil Science on behalf of the International Union of Soil Sciences. The Congress theme, ‘Soil Science – crossing boundaries, changing society’ focuses on the link between soil and society, with sessions covering soil systems, soil processes, soil management and how we interact with and use soils around the world.
- Congress registration is also open for the face-to-face event for £500 early bird registration, £300 concessions and £200 day-only delegate until 15 March 2022. Fees will increase to the congress standard rate on 16 March 2022.
- An online only rate is available for £250 standard and £150 concession.
- The concessionary rate is open to Early Career Scientists – full time students or those within the first five years following graduation and registrants from World Bank classified Low Income Countries. Proof of status must be provided to secure the concessionary rate
- Tickets for the Gala Dinner, and a range of day, pre- and post-congress tours are also available to book online.