The Early Careers (EC) Committee of the British Society of Soil Science (BSSS) is inviting abstract submissions for poster presentations only for its EC Conference which will take place virtually from 11- 13 October 2021. The conference will provide an online environment for postgraduate students, PhD researchers, post-docs, and early career industrial researchers to showcase their work whilst encouraging networking and collaboration.
Abstracts are invited on the conference theme: Soils: Past, Present and Future. The properties and functions of soils that we observe today reflect the complex natural history of soil formation in combination with the many ways in which most soils have been modified by current and former human activities. To address the great challenges of our time such as soil degradation, climate change and biodiversity loss, a holistic understanding of the soil system is required that accounts for the history of our soils, their present state, and the projections of how they may be altered by changes in climate and management. As such, abstract submissions from all aspects of soil science are welcome! Due to the nature of the COVID pandemic forcing much research to take place at home, we welcome abstracts detailing desk-based research including reviews and meta-analyses.
- Abstracts should be no more than 350 words and written in English
- Figures and tables should not be included, though graphical abstracts may be included
- Submissions should include a list of all authors and, if accepted, the author or one of the co-authors must be available to present the work at the event from with dates to be confirmed. If this will not be possible, please withdraw your abstract as early as possible
- By submitting the abstract, the author(s) declare that they are authorised to submit the abstract on behalf of all author(s) and that the work is theirs
- Please use the form below to submit your application
- Abstract submissions should only be submitted by members of the Society in good faith and abstracts from non-members will be rejected
- Abstracts must be received by Tuesday 31 August at 5:00pm
- For any queries regarding your submission, please contact email@example.com
- To submit an abstract submission, please use the submission form and send as an attachment on email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To attend the conference, please register via the following link – https://britishsocietyofsoilscience.wildapricot.org/event-4350195.