NERC invites applications from across the NERC science remit, and from business and policy, to join its key scientific committee, which will bring broad strategic perspective and expertise to support the development and delivery of UKRI-NERC strategic priorities, investments and policies.
The Science Committee is the key source of advice to the Executive and Council on science-related issues.
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills and experience in a new setting and to support an excellent and sustainable UK environmental science community that seizes opportunities, in UK Research & Innovation (UKRI) and international contexts, and provides recommendations for new NERC investment.
NERC is looking to appoint a Chair and five members: four members with business, policy or non-governmental organisation experience and one member with research experience (as set out in the person specification section in the application pack below).
The appointment is for a period of two years in the first instance, with a possible two-year extension, subject to annual performance review.
- The closing date for the receipt of all applications is 16:00 on 1 July 2019.
- The Chair shortlisting meeting is scheduled to take place on 18 July 2019.
- The Chair interviews will be held in London on 30 July 2019.
- The successful Chair candidate will be expected to attend their first meeting on 4-5 September 2019 to facilitate a handover of responsibilities, and to be available on 19-20 September 2019 to be part of the member interview process.
- The member shortlisting is scheduled to take place in August / September 2019.
- The member interviews will be held in London on 19-20 September 2019.
- The successful member candidates will be expected to attend their first meeting on 20-21 November 2019.
Further details can be found here