The AGM is essential for conducting formal business of the Society. Without it, we are unable to elect your representatives, or carry out essential business such as approving our accounts and appointing auditors. The British Society of Soil Science Annual General Meeting will take place on Tuesday 2 August from 11:00am – 12:00pm at the World Congress of Soil Science in Glasgow.
For the first time, members are asked to vote on the resolutions in advance of the meeting. This will provide equity to all members who have the opportunity to vote, regardless of whether they will be able to attend the meeting.
Members in all individual categories (excluding Corporate Members) are entitled to vote and please submit your responses by Thursday 14 July at 5:00pm British Sumer Time.
The Society Board recommends that members support the following resolutions set out in the meeting agenda and papers:
- To approve the Minutes from the Annual General Meeting held on 7 September 2021
- To receive and approve the Trustees’ Annual Report and Accounts for the year ended 31 December 2021
- To approve the reappointment of the Auditors, HSA & Co., for the 2022 financial year
- To appoint Dan Lambeth as Marketing, Communications and Policy-Making Trustee
- To appoint Paul Hallett as President Elect 2023 – 2024 (from 1 January)
- To appoint Mike Palmer as Professional Practice Committee Trustee (from 1 January 2023)
- To appoint Eleanor Reed as Chair of the Professional Practice Committee (from 1 January 2023)
- To appoint Bruce Lascelles as Chair of the Grants and Awards Committee
- To appoint Kara Marsden as Chair of the Welsh Soils Discussion Group
- To appoint Chris Cantle as Chair of the Northern Soils Network
- To elect Michael Goss as an Honorary Member.