ADAS Agricultural Land Management is seeking a Soil & Water Scientist / Consultant to join our well established and expanding Agriculture and Soils team, on a full-time and permanent basis. The vacancy is open to England and Wales, the position will be office based with site-based work.
ADAS, part of RSK Group plc, is the leading supplier of independent technical, environmental and farm business advice to the UK’s farmers and growers, land managers and related organisations.
We provide a wide range of specialist consultancy services to individual business, undertake leading edge research and deliver knowledge transfer and advice programmes on behalf of government and industry organisations.
- To be be involved in a wide range of projects across all of our business sectors including agriculture, cross country pipelines and cables, infrastructure, residential and commercial developments
- Undertake soil survey fieldwork and produce written reports for Agricultural Land Classification (ALC), Soil Resource Assessment and other related projects for clients
- Manage data to support technical reporting, planning applications and EIA, liaise with clients, landowners, contractors, statutory authorities and third parties
- Delivery into a range of soil and water contracts including project planning, organising, managing delivery and production of reports ensuring work is completed to the clients’ satisfaction, on time, to the required standards and meeting project profit targets
- Lead and support field and work site visits
- Develop skills with a view of registration with a professional body if not already e.g The Institution of Agricultural Engineers or British Society Soil Science
- Hold a degree or a postgraduate qualification in Soil Science, or a related degree (physical geology, environmental science) with relevant practical experience
- Have experience of soil surveying and knowledge of Agricultural Land Classification (ALC)
- Be able to demonstrate excellent report writing skills
- Be accustomed to working outside in all weather
- Ability to understand and communicate verbally, and in writing, in a clear and concise manner
- Full driving licence and own transport
Salary and Benefits
- Negotiable depending on experience – Consultant and Senior Consultant grades required
- Life assurance
- A flexible benefits programme including the option to buy additional holidays, health cash plan and discounted gym membership
- We encourage Continuing Professional Development
RSK Group is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
RSK is a leading environmental, engineering and technical services group providing dynamic, multidisciplinary services to a wide range of sectors. We know that the world faces some very significant challenges in the years to come. The United Nations are referring to the ‘Decade of Action’, saying that we have “ten years to transform our world” and to deliver the Sustainable Development Goals. RSK is on a mission to deliver solutions which will help to address these major global challenges, reshaping our natural and built environments and creating a more sustainable future. We need an outstanding workforce to help us achieve this. Do you have what it takes?
RSK was founded in 1989 and has grown considerably since then. In fact, Environment Analyst recently highlighted RSK’s growth commenting, “Few companies in the environmental services sector can claim to be expanding at the same pace as RSK.” Today, we are a group of over 120 businesses, many of which operate under different brands, employing over 7,000 employees worldwide. We plan to keep growing and are looking for professionals who have the passion, skills, and spirit needed to grow with us.
Since the beginning, our philosophy has remained the same: employ, develop and reward talented people. Employees are at the heart of our business, and we recognise that our success is founded on the talent of our people. As a company, we want you to share in our achievements and we want to be a conduit for your success. RSK prides itself on providing employees with a rewarding and challenging career by encouraging continuing professional development and enabling employees to reach their full potential. Despite our growing numbers, we are determined to maintain the people-centric culture that RSK was built on, fostering entrepreneurialism, and applying a caring and compassionate approach to all that we do.