Unfortunately the Society Annual General Meeting (AGM) scheduled for 3 September was unable to take place due to the lack of members either in attendance at the meeting or who had submitted their proxy in advance.
The AGM is essential for conducting formal business of the Society. Without it, we are unable to elect your representatives, or carry out essential business such as approving our accounts and appointing auditors.
To ensure BSSS is able to complete the remainder of its essential business in 2020, we would strongly encourage every member to either attend the meeting or complete the simple proxy form attached to this email.
Without your support, the society will not be able to comply with its legal obligations.
The rescheduled AGM will take place on Thursday 8 October from 1:00 – 1:30pm and if you are able to, please register to attend the online AGM. Members will be asked to vote on the following resolutions:
- To approve the Minutes from the Annual General Meeting held on Wednesday 4 September 2019
- To receive and approve the Trustees’ Annual Report and Accounts for the year ended 31 December 2019
- To approve the reappointment of the Auditors, HSA & Co., for the 2020 financial year
- To appoint Dr. Jack Hannam as President Elect and Trustee of the Society
- To appoint Dr. Lynda Deeks as Chair of SWSDG and Council member
- To elect Prof. Bernard Tinker as an Honorary Member of the Society.
Your support is invaluable.