You’ll play a key part in providing support to the Head of Food and Farming at a national level, holding responsibility for the promotion of sustainable farming within the National Trust. This will be achieved through the provision of technical advice, sharing best practice and advice on internal processes, training, publications and guidance.
As well as identifying and commissioning Trust-led research, this role will also promote food and drink from Trust farms and properties, co-ordinating and managing Food and Farming related communications through printed and online website content and being aware of Food and Farming related compliance and legislation, interpreting content for a wider audience
To be successful in this role we’re looking for someone who has:
- Agriculture and/or environmental science qualification to HND / degree level or equivalent
- Ability to empathise and support managers in their decision-making through provision of knowledge and data
- Good understanding of what is happening in sustainable agriculture and food marketing
- Knowledge of farm systems and their environmental impacts
- Demonstrable skills of listening, building trust and acting to deliver a high quality service
- Ability to research, challenge, summarise and present information clearly
- Ability to analyse issues holistically, apply a high level of reasoned judgement and influence others with data or information
- Project management skills and experience of small sized related projects
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships with external professionals and internal staff
Heelis, in Swindon, Wiltshire, is the Central Office for the National Trust; it was named after one of the Trust’s biggest benefactors Mrs William Heelis, There are approximately 500 staff from across the Trust’s directorates, including the Executive team and the Director General, are based here.
Interview date : 10th May 2017