A course for Laboratory team leaders who want to improve the way they manage their teams and Postdoctoral researchers who aspire to team leadership positions.
A successful career in a scientific lab environment needs leadership and management skills as well as research skills. To get the best from people, team leaders need to be able to form teams, provide leadership and deal with issues that will inevitably emerge. These are skills that can be developed with practice. The aim of this course is to introduce some team-working and leadership models that can be of practical use in developing those skills.
Who is the course for?
Following the success of previous courses, the Society continues offer this one-day introductory course specifically to meet the needs of postdoctoral researchers in academic or industrial environments. It is aimed at:
- Laboratory team leaders and principal investigators who want to improve the way they manage their teams
- Postdoctoral researchers who have been selected for, or aspire to, promotion to team leader positions
What does the course cover?
- How teams work and how to work in teams
- An introduction to leadership models and styles
- Successful team management - learning leadership behaviours and dealing with potential issues
- Case studies
- Guidance on further study and development
This event has been approved by the Royal Society of Biology for purposes of CPD and can be counted as 21 CPD points.
Members - £80 + VAT
Members of Member Organisations, SCAS members - £100 + VAT
Non-members - £160 + VAT