This two-day course will provide participants with the basic skills needed to take images collected from a UAV platform such as a quadcopter, process the images into a scene suitable for image processing, and generate classified images. We will talk you through the steps necessary to produce high quality and accurate maps suitable for the mapping of vegetation and land forms.
It will cover the following topics:
- UK Civil Aviation Authority guidelines and the law
- Drone technology
- Aerial photography
- Image stitching software
- Image classification
- Gain skills to create high quality and spatially accurate habitat classification maps from data you have captured using your UAV platform.
- Learn how to create digital elevation and surface models.
- Learn how to process these data to map the heights and locations of trees and vegetation or other features
- Learn how to operate your UAV platform within the law
- Gain insight into some of the problems you may encounter when flying your aircraft
- Learn how to bring together the data collected by your aircraft into a spatially accurate and informative map suitable for mapping habitats and change.
standard £599 (Early Bird, later £649)
students £499 (Early Bird, later £549)
Refreshments and lunches are included in the cost. Accommodation and evening meals are not included in the cost