The Industrial Strategy sets out Grand Challenges to put the UK at the forefront of the industries of the future, ensuring that the UK takes advantage of major global changes, improving people’s lives and the country’s productivity
As part of the Clean Growth Grand Challenge, the recently announced Transforming Food Production Challenge will deliver £90m of new funding for agri-tech to help businesses, researchers and industry to transform food production, by making it easier to embrace technology and innovation.
£90m Transforming Food Production Challenge
Government investment, delivered as part of the new the Industrial Strategy Challenge Fund (ISCF), will help build on the strengths of the UK’s booming agri-food sector and support it by:
- bringing together businesses, farmers and academics to take forward priority research projects through new Challenge Platforms
- supporting Innovation Accelerators which will be responsible for exploring the commercial potential of new tech ideas at pace
- demonstrating innovative agri-tech projects and how they will work in practice
- launching a new bilateral research programme that will identify and accelerate shared international priorities and help build export opportunities for pioneering agricultural-technologies and innovations overseas
At this event, you will be provided with:
1) More information about the Transforming Food Production Challenge funding scheme from Innovate UK
2) How to write a successful Innovate UK application from the KTN
3) The opportunity to hear pitch presentations from organisations looking for partners, and to network with others interested in the competition.