The Winter Meeting brings together scientists, technical specialists and practitioners in a forum with a focus on practical application and integration of knowledge.
The 2017 Winter Meeting combines a mix of invited speakers, offered papers/posters and breakout sessions, providing an opportunity for all to hear about and discuss the many facets of trace element nutrition in soils, plants and animals, the interactions within the system and where we lack knowledge.
The Meeting programme will cover:
- The Big Picture – importance of and difficulties with trace element nutrition in soil/plant/animal systems.
- Trace element supply to the soil/plant, and interactions with major nutrients.
- Common soil deficiencies and their impacts.
- Trace element supply in manures - impacts, implications of variability, measurability?
- Trace element supply to the plant-animal, including Antagonists.
- On-farm approaches to trace element supply. Impacts of trace elements from animal to food quality.
- Opportunities for precision agriculture? Identifying knowledge gaps towards integrating soil-plant-animal trace element nutrition?
- How can we tackle the interface between soil, plant and animal trace element nutrition and make it more understandable?
- Assessing trace element need for animals - do we know how?
- Assessing trace element need for soil and plant nutrition - do we know how?
Booking closes on 14th February 2017
BSSS Members are eligible for the members' rates, but need to contact the office to book in order to obtain the discount. Call 01270 616464.