Application start and end date:
1st March 2017 to 31st May 2017
The British Society of Soil Science is looking for a Treasurer to join its Board of Trustees with immediate effect.
- Liaising, where applicable, with the Executive Officer and staff responsible for the financial activities of the organisation, to ensure that the charity’s annual accounts are compliant with the current Charities SORP.
- Chairing any finance committee in line with standing orders and terms of reference, and reporting back to the board of trustees.
- Liaising with the charity’s auditors or independent examiner, where appropriate.
- Monitoring and advising on the financial viability of the charity after liaising with the charity’s auditors.
- Creating, in liaison with the Executive Officer, sound financial instruments for the control of charity assets.
- Implementing and monitoring specific financial controls and systems are in place accordingly and adhered to.
- Advising on the financial implications of the charity’s strategic plan.
- Maintaining sound financial management of the charity’s resources, ensuring expenditure is in line with the charity’s objects.
- Attendance at 2 Trustee meetings per annum.
- To provide advice to Trustee Committees.
- It is anticipated that approximately 20 days per year will be required.
A more detailed job specification is available here