Tim O'Hare Associates is a leading soil science and landscape engineering consultancy. The practice offers technical expertise and practical advice in: • Soil Survey and Site Investigation • Soil Handling and Management Strategies • Soil Testing Services • Design and Specification Technical Support • Site Inspections and Monitoring Services.
We are offering a full-time position for an individual to join our team at our head office in Wallingford, Oxfordshire. Comprehensive in-house training will be provided, and the opportunity to develop specialist skills relating to sports pitch agronomy, drainage design, habitat creation, topsoil manufacture and landscape science.
Typical responsibilities would include:
- Site Work – soil sampling, soil survey and site inspections/monitoring
- Soil Testing – selecting and commissioning soil tests with relevant laboratories and processing incoming test results
- Reporting – writing and issuing interpretative reports
- Support – assisting with the planning, organisation and site work during soil surveys and site monitoring visits
- Client Liaison – telephone and email enquiries, preparing quotations, meetings
- BSc or MSc (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline (e.g. soil science, environmental science, ecology, agricultural science, horticultural science, geography, engineering)
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience
- Self-starter, team player with strong inter-personal skills and proactive character
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Competent with standard IT software (Microsoft Office)
- Full clean driving licence
- Member of a professional association
- Use of AutoCAD
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, technical guidance and codes of practice
- CSCS card
- First Aid training
For more information about Tim O'Hare Associates please look at the website
If you require any further information about the position please contact Tim O’Hare or Laura Hathaway-Jenkins (email@example.com).
To apply please send your CV and covering letter/email to: firstname.lastname@example.org