The European Journal of Soil Science is an international journal that publishes outstanding papers containing one or more of the following: new knowledge, new concepts, new understanding or novel technology. Original research papers must include some novel concepts and be scientifically sound and of good scientific quality. Review and position papers that cover aspects of soil science are also considered.
The Editorial Team is looking to recruit a new Deputy Editor, to support the publication of EJSS, starting 1st August 2017.
The Deputy Editor role consists of the following;
To provide support for the EIC as requested by providing advice on the quality of manuscripts and their content in terms of good science, new or novel work, improving our understanding of appropriate aspects of soil processes, international interest, good English, and, where appropriate, acceptable standards of experimental design and data analysis; this includes the following:
- contributing to the initial reviewing process of submitted MS and providing advice on suitable Associate Editors,
- commenting and providing input when required on the recommendations provided by AEs,
- aiding the EIC in assessing the function and role of AEs and suggesting new appointments of Associate Editors with specific expertise in areas relevant to the Journal's coverage,
- contributing to the editorial process whenever necessary and at all stages including the final proof check,
- providing an overseeing editorial role for guest editors of special issues.
To promote the Journal and its outputs in order to sustain and improve its status as a leading international journal at all opportunities by:
- encouraging potential authors,
- seeking and encouraging the development of review papers,
- identifying, and then aiding the development of special issues.
To contribute to the continual review of the editorial process and indicating to the Editorial team where improvements could be made, especially by:
- identifying improvements in the way that Manuscripts are processed and managed including interactions with Prepress Projects in order to optimise turnaround times and the quantity and quality of the workflow,
- assisting in the review and improvement of instructions to authors and other material displayed at journal website.
To deputise for the EIC as and when required.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please submit a full cv together with a supporting letter stating what you are able to bring to the role. This should be sent to the Society Office.
If you wish to discover more about the role before applying, please contact Editor in Chief Margaret Oliver
Applications should be submitted by no later than Monday 12th June 2017